July 25, 2005

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

I have finally finished reading it, and it was great! It has taken me longer than I had expected but things came up, and my attention span seems to be getting shorter and shorter.
Overall I give the book a 4.5 out of 5, due to its quick and somewhat dull ending. The plot of the end was excellent, but the last chapter and maybe even just the last few pages were a little cheesy. I don’t know, though, maybe it was just too emotional for me to grasp. All in all, though, the book was great and one of my favorites, full of plot twists and new material.

***SPOILER WARNING***
ONLY CONTINUE IF YOU DON’T MIND SOME MINOR SPOILERS

The book had a lot of one of my favorite characters in it, Tom Riddle (you know, before he was Voldemort) but only one, last name mention of Colin Creevy, my second favorite character.
My favorite parts about the book were the memories that Harry and Dumbledore watched in the pensive about Tom Riddle’s life, growing up. I also liked the chapter “The Cave.” That one could give someone a nightmare…

That’s all for my review, I don’t want to give the whole book away. Though I must say I was wholly disappointed by whom the Half-Blood Prince was…*shakes head*
L8er,
Paige

3 comments:

Hannah said...

I was disappointed too. :( and all this time i thought it was Voldemort...

Madia said...

lol i got a HP 6 review on my blog as well :) yeah the half blood prince turned out to be a disappointing character, but on the whole, i thought it was a good read

Moishers said...

The book was quite interesting, I too was disappointed about the half blood prince. Dang it! I cried in the book too!