August 8, 2005

Camp

My basic week at Young Woman’s Camp:

Day One:
My first day of camp was on Monday. We were told to be at the church at about 6:15, but of course I was late. Luckily, nobody had left yet. I rode in a car with Ashley, Bethany, and Cheriese (sp?) to Ensign Ranch. Once we got there we put our bags in the A-frames, stapled up sheets and plastic to keep dirt and bugs out, got our camp shirts, took pictures and left. It took forever to finally get to the spot that we were hiking from. We probably got there at about 12:00 or so. Next we ate lunch and went hiking.
After only a few hours (less than the preparation itself) we were done hiking for the day. We set up our tents, filtered water and made dinner. Then we had a fireside and went to bed.

Day Two:
Our first full day of wilderness. Sometime in the middle of the night my neck had cramped up so that it couldn’t move at all, but after I had sat up for a while it seemed fine, however my lower back was killing! After breakfast and a bit of milling around we went on a day hike. We hiked around the lake (without backpacks) to a place closer to the snow cap and where we could see a ton of water falls. It was beautiful! I took some pictures, and I can’t wait to see how they turn out.
While we were stopped we got a chance to read our pages from the Book of Mormon. Each person in our fourth year unit had gotten about 15 pages from the Book of Mormon to read, allowing us to read it in one day, as a group. I got a section from Mosiah starting when Alma baptizes the people in Mormon all the way to where it begins talking about the Mulekites (I only got part of that chapter).
We hiked back to camp, had dinner, another fireside and went to bed.

Day Three:
We had to wake up at about 7:00 am and begin packing and eating. After we were done we hiked out. This was definitely the coldest morning of the week.
Once we were done hiking, some of the woman from camp gave us cold water and grapes.
When we got to camp we had to suffer the tradition of being drenched with water. Arianne was the only one who got me though, and despite the beating my glasses survived.
Now it was lunch, but head shed brought us our food, those nice people.
During free time I played hang-man with Josie, while Jackie did crafts. Alexa and Jacquelyn kept hugging me…thought I should mention that.
We did skit night.

Day Four:
First full day in Ensign Ranch. We had a couple of workshops, and a little bit of certification time. Other than that, nothing happened…other than the Seusical, which was fun.

Day Five:
Today was the day everyone likes best. The final day for certification and testimony meeting day.
Arianne bore her testimony, and it was really sweet *tear*.

Day Six:
All day was spent packing and cleaning as well as at the endless award ceremony. As fourth years we got to lead our first song, so we chose Lemmie. It was…fun?

Anyway, I guess that almost sums up the basics of my week at camp.
Gators,
Paige

No comments: