January 23, 2009

Coaxial Cables and Bolshevik Washrooms

After having a TV in my dorm for two months, I now have it hooked up to the cable in the dorms. We get about 30 channels, about five of which are not in English. It will be nice to be able to watch “So You Think You Can Dance,” “American Idol” and the news. After searching the BYU bookstore which was sold out of the cable I needed (I guess there was a sudden need for them by more than five people), my friend and I trekked to Provo Towne Centre where we were able to pick one up at FYE…and get some Panda Express.

Before heading out to the mall, Matt and I headed to the poster sale to see if there was anything good. There were definitely some major wins. I now have a poster demonstrating the threat of not having soft paper towels in your public restroom. It’s hanging next to a mirror I decorated at an Enrichment activity, some spoofed Mormonads and a few president’s day cards.



On top of all of that fun, I made flashcards with all of my vocabulary from the first chapter on my Hebrew book…it’s quite a stack. I can’t wait to get started on chapter two tomorrow!

2 comments:

FitToSeeJane said...

If soft paper towels make you a bolshevik then Air dryers make you Hitler.

Congrats on your TV viewing. Remember no screen time till you get your homework done!
j/k- mom

Hillary said...

It's saying that crunchy towels are the kind that make your workers rise against you, but if you keep them happy they won't form a paper towel union.