May 13, 2009

The Adventures of Pong and Freck

Summer seems to be going okay. I’ve been hitting the gym and reading a lot but I’m still on the hunt for a job. Thankfully, in the past week, I’ve had some babysitting opportunities. I hadn’t babysat in quite a while. Mostly because I’ve had jobs at the outlet and then lived on a college campus. However, the past few jobs have been really fun. Last Saturday I ate enough blueberry pie and chicken nuggets (from a play kitchen) to feed a third world country. I was reminded how much I liked watching Kratts’ Creatures when I was younger by watching some Zoboomafoo. I played Barbies and Little People (and for once, didn’t invent a currency or create a monarchy). I went down the same slide about 10 times. I watched one of my childhood favorites, "An American Tale," and much more.

For entertainment purposes only, I’ll tell you a special story about Pongo and Freckle (or Pong and Freck, for short), one of Noah’s giraffes and a Littlest Pets Pegasus.
Once upon a time they met. Pongo lived on an ark and Freckle lived on an airplane. Freckle’s mom was a cow named Kim, who also had a calf named Kip. There was a tiger that tried to eat Freckle, and no matter how Mrs. Noah would lock him up or give him punishments, he was still mean. Then one day, after Freckle was abandon by Kim and Kip and adopted by a stallion named Jamie and his butterfly wife, the tiger became a vegetarian and was forever friends with Freck and his new family. They would all watch TV, eat breakfast and play ball. Things weren’t all happy on the arc though. Earlier, the three evil McDonalds brothers were imprisoned in the dark compartments of the ark. They were guarded by a giant robot, the tiger and Toukie and toucan. Despite Noah’s best efforts, they escaped. They wanted revenge because Freckle’s ball had bounced on all of their heads. They tried to bite Freck, but Mrs. Noah threw them into a hole.
The End.

Little People (the ones I was playing with and the one playing with me) are good for making up such crazy stories. Thankfully, nobody died, which was a welcome change from the Barbie scenario, however, we still got to have a brief lesson about how the McDonalds Brothers should not say that they hate Freckle and want to kill him even though they are really bad.

Moral of the story: Just walk to the park.

1 comment:

FitToSeeJane said...

Interesting that your 'Little People' play was a lesson in politeness and not currency. You kids were always so funny with your economics based Barbie Land and little people. It was like the valley of producers from an Ayn Rand novel.