August 3, 2009

Harry Potter and the Midnight Showing

Yes, this is old news, but I haven’t posted about it yet, so deal.

I loved the new Harry Potter movie! As a diehard fan, I know how some people didn’t like how different it was from the book and while the ending didn’t bother me as much I wish they would have shown more of the suspense of trying to figure out who the Half-Blood Prince is, but I digress. For a long time I have liked the second movie the best and as the movies got weirder (and the special effects got worse) I started to lose interest in them. However, I thought that HPB was amazingly beautiful, had some better acting than the last few, and I was overall pleased. In fact, my least favorite part of the books are the romantic sort of parts and the movie was even able to smooth those over a little bit for me.

North Bend Theatre

I was very excited to be able to see the movie right in North Bend in our one room theatre. I like that after a long, late show I can hop in the car for just a short drive as opposed to a longer one from Issaquah or Bellevue. It’s also fun to see the other kids in town working the theatre and see so many people you know waiting in line. I should also note that it’s cheaper than most theatres. It’s very cute and very fun and I love it.

I’m very excited for the next two movies now. I say two because numero seven is going to be split in half. As annoying as that seems, it’s high time they did that. They’ve missed out of so many details from trying to cram too much into two and a half hours per movie. Maybe someday, when these movies have had a lot of time to age some futuristic version of A&E will make a Harry Potter mini-series that will be able to include more details (just like the 1995 Pride and Prejudice). That would be excellent.

In case you are in the area and want to check out our humble (and cute) theatre, you should. There are lots of fun events and older (or even free) films shown. Here is the website. :D

No comments: