August 8, 2009

What’s cooler than…

…An old Sega game system and Iron Man? An old Sega game system painted to look like Iron Man, of course! I finally finished a project that I started last summer and here is the end product:

Beautiful. These were the best pictures (even though they still have a lot of glare). I used some pretty glossy paint, so the pictures don’t really do its beauty justice. I wish I would have been able to solder the silver around the “arc reactor” a little smoother, but I did the best I could. Just imagine that I made it in a cave, just like Tony Stark.

For those who aren’t familiar with the Dreamcast, I’ll point you to the Wikipedia page here, and post picture of the Dreamcast that I had with me at school this past year, below:

Also beautiful, though less Iron Man-esque.

This was a very fun project and I’m eager to work on more, possibly modifying my Game Boy Color next year. For anyone interested in buying a Dreamcast, I suggest you check out eBay, they go for fairly low prices there. For anyone looking for a good experiment, I recommend Googling painted and modified Dreamcasts. This was my favorite site while I was working on my Dreamcast. It details how to take it apart without breaking it.

If any of you do paint or change your Dreamcast (or any other console) in any way, or have any ideas for my Game Boy Color, let me know.

Until then…

3 comments:

FitToSeeJane said...

Yup.
In a cave, out of scraps.
Awesome.

Jon said...

Cool. But I'm confused. Is that picture at the bottom of your post of you working on your Dreamcast?

Left Coast Rebel said...

Awesome I loved the dreamcast, Saturn just a bit more though. BTW, thanks for joining the Left Coast Rebel.
LCR