September 25, 2009

Ceci n’est pas une femme.

As all of the BYUers, UVUers and Beauty Schoolers settle in for another school year, one question remains. Where will they party? Well, seeing as Provo law seems to demand that all music stop at midnight, whether it’s bothering someone or not, it appears they will have to go to The Loft! Everyone has been getting flyers for it throughout the past month.

While I was staring at this flyer, trying to make sense of it I saw a couple problems.

1. Ladies Night!

Woohoo! Eevery Wednesday night is ladies night but wait…a 2 for 1 coupon? In my experience with ladies nights (which is basically the commercials I’ve heard on Seattle radio stations) they are FREE for ladies. Not only are they free, but women get like half price drinks and food…or something like that. Isn’t the logic that if they can get more girls to come, more guys will come too? So shouldn’t they be able to get in free all night and not just for the first half hour as their site says?

2. 80s Night

There is nothing girls like to do more than put on really weird clothes and makeup and say that they look like they are from the 80s. A simple “Family Ties” and “ALF” marathon could teach you that. Then again, you could dress like Madonna, but I’m pretty sure the dress code (which another flyer told me was “strictly enforced”) wouldn’t let you. Want some more accurate ideas?

 

3. The Person in the Yellow Pants

Is it just me or is that a man? Does “she” know that ladies night is going to cost her anyway?

man

3 comments:

Lynnae said...

That is so funny. That 'person' is taking 80's night or Ladies night a little too far.

ramsam said...

Back when I went dancing every night was 80's night.

caitlin said...

Hahahaha, everyone I know is obsessed with the Loft.