September 22, 2009

What’s In A Meme

While I was on FaceBook yesterday, I was pleased to see a quiz going around my friends that would determine which Mount Si High School staff member I was most like. There were only five results (how did they narrow it down?) but it was still fun. In response to this quiz, others wanted to create quizzes with other teachers. While I was trying to help them figure out teachers (it’s amazing how much you forget when you don’t see them every day…and when you have a head injury), I stumbled across this little gem:

Thanks for uploading Russell Millard!

Now that you’ve watched that, would you say it deserves to be a meme? I think it does. I mean, I posted it on FaceBook, then everyone else started posting it and it went from about 40 to 180 views in one day. Sure, I don’t think it’s the next Zero Wing, or Daft Hands, but it could be the next What You Know About Math for sure, if it tries hard enough. However, I do think it needs a catchier title.



Also, if you are an "All Your Base" type of person, check out the live action video HERE. This was done by guys I went to high school with.

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I really don't spend enough time on Facebook, because I have no idea what any of this is.

Hillary said...

Well, Mount Si is just the high school I went to (aka Twin Peaks High School). The video is of teachers at my school. The other videos are just popular internet memes.

http://knowyourmeme.com/