December 12, 2009

Keeping You Safe

I check the mail every day. Often, about 1/5 of the time, we get mail for the people who lived here before us. One young lady, neglected to give the post office her forwarding address, instead giving us her new address to write on each piece of her mail that comes our way (because we are nice enough to keep doing it). With the others, I just write wrong address and toss it back into the outbox.


Yesterday, we got something a little more special. When I saw that it wasn’t for me or one of my roommates I left it on the counter to deal with later. A couple hours later, one of my roommates, Kristen, told me to give it another look…this time flipping it over and holding it up to the light. Thinking that the poor girl had just gotten a speeding ticket or in an accident, I hadn’t thought about her getting a letter from Salt Lake’s district attorney. Turns out it’s not so innocent after all. Her crime? Two felony charges, one of forgery and one of identity fraud. There is also another name in there, so I don’t know if that’s who she defrauded or an accomplice or something.


It was pretty impressive. I would say that maybe she is just a witness but we are under the sneaking suspicion that she was evicted or got out of here in a hurry based on how much stuff someone left in our apartment when they moved out.


While justice appears to be the loser in this battle, you can sleep soundly knowing that iTunes will never let you down when it comes to keeping you safe from profanity.


While I was making sure that I have every worthwhile children’s song in the world (which I do), I saw this. Do you see anything wrong with this picture?



staredout

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I love that they have to asterisk words on a children's album.stic

Jon said...

Yikes about the mail.
Hilarious about iTunes censoring the nursery rhymes.
I have to confess, I've never been entirely comfortable with that song.