January 8, 2010

Happy New Year!

Ah! My first post of 2010. How refreshing. I started my new classes and a couple New Years resolutions as well. They are as follows:



1) Go to all of the devotionals: Okay so this isn’t a year round goal, but for this term at least, I’m going to go to all of them. They are only once a week for one hour. True I have to run from the Smith Field House to the Marriot Center right after my dance class, but it will be fine. A little bit of exercise won’t hurt me (although I think I may be nearing the threshold of too much exercise, but that’s a discussion for another day).



2) Try a new recipe every week: Most of the time, I heat up a can of soup, make a sandwich or cook up a quesadilla, but this year things are going to change slightly. I’m going to try a new recipe, cooked from scratch, once a week. I have already purchased the ingredients for this Sunday’s chicken noodle soup and I’m excited. The only part of the goal that I already hate is shopping for meat. To me, that is the most disgusting thing in the world.



Well, that’s all for me, or at least those are all of the ones I’m going to share. Happy New Year everyone!

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Well, those sound doable!

Lynnae said...

Great resolutions. Good luck with your cooking and let me know if I have any favorite recipes you want. I am going to adapt a few slow cooker recipes for you so you can give that a try.
I miss you, it was fun having you here!

Jon said...

Yummm....chicken noodle soup is the best.
Are you making the noodles too or using store bought?

And I think going to the devotionals is a great idea too.

Hillary said...

I'm not making the noodles mostly because I have no idea how that would be done. It was impossible to find the right noodles though so I had to settle for some sort of weird pasta thing. I'll have to see how it turns out.

ramsam said...

Hillary-
very easy noodle recipe online w/ Bisquik and egg...just mash it up, roll it out, cut them up and add to the soup. Look it up if you are feeling adventurous!

Also- (btw I love your resolutions) look up 'Sandra Lee semi-homemade'. She takes a lot of easy store bought items and adds her homemade touch to them...everything of hers I make turns out great, plus it is helping me wrap my brain around what kind of things you need to add to make things taste better- I am no cook, but I have a resolution for one new recipe a month..(hey, it's a start, right?)

Jon said...

Another great noodle solution is to use frozen noodles. You can find them at the grocery store - usually kind of by the tater tots and such.

By the way, my Captcha word is "ungyn"...that's kind of gross.

Hillary said...

I'll have to keep both of those ideas in mind for my next thing that needs noodles, since I already bought some and I only need 8oz worth of noodles, so I don't want to end up with a ton of left overs right now.

xoxo said...

Only two, how simple! I only have one Resolution...don't make any resolutions! I keep it all year round LOL
Happy New Year :D