January 10, 2010

The Pen Is Mightier

I have mentioned before that I enjoy making collages once in a while. Well, little known fact, I also like ink drawings. Maybe it was because I liked reading Shel Silverstein’s Where The Sidewalk Ends when I was younger or maybe it’s just because it is easy and fun to do when you are bored.



© Hillary Pulsipher


© Hillary Pulsipher



© Hillary Pulsipher


© Hillary Pulsipher



The first was done in my high school art class (2008 or 2007) for “Meadowbrook Way.” The second is on the back of a note card containing bibliographical information from a history paper of sorts. The third is constructed from boredom on notebook paper. The fourth is a random, late-night creation.

3 comments:

ramsam said...

They are so cool! Keep it up!

If nothing else pans out in life I am pretty sure you could make some good money doing these in henna on tourists backs on the beach someday.....

Lynnae said...

I need skills that could be put to use on a beach. Beside sweeping.
Wait- I'd do that too.

I love your pictures. The butterfly one is so cool!

Hillary said...

I do some mean mini-braids too, so I'll keep that in mind as a fall-back.

The butterfly one if one of my favorites as well. It's complete with a super secret message...but all of them are, so its not that rare.