January 24, 2010

A Post About Food

Remember my resolution to try making a new recipe every week? Well, I just finished making and eating some of week 4. Here is what I have done so far:


1) Sugar Cookies: Yes, I’ve eaten sugar cookies many times before but I’ve never made and decorated them all on my own. I didn’t actually make these this year, but on New Years Eve for a party at my friend’s house. I don’t have any pictures of them (which is okay, I’m sure everyone has seen frosted sugar cookies before), however, my mom made some fun candy sushi for a party at my aunt’s house, so you should go take a look.



2) Chicken Noodle Soup: This was really good, though I’m not eager to work with a whole chicken again any time soon (which is what the recipe called for). Others would probably want to add a bit more water too it, but I’m not a big fan of watery broth, so I kept it on the dry side.


 


January 10, 2010 -Chicken Noodle Soup



3) Winter Salad: All I can say is, I’m not a fan of beets. I had never had them before, so I’m glad I tried them, but I’m not looking forward to eating them again.



January 17 -Winter Salad



4) Tomato Farci: This was super delicious and so filling that I could only eat one plate. It was not too difficult to make and I have tons of leftovers.

 



January 24 -Tomato Farci



Right now, I’m watching “Emma” on Masterpiece Theater. I’m sure it will be on again, so if you like Jane Austen books and movies, try looking it up.

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I developed a love of beets, last year.

Jon said...

Cool. Pictures.
Love the garnish on the soup picture. The Tomato thing looks great. You should give us the recipe for that one.
(But no thanks on the beet salad recipe. )

ramsam said...

Mmmm. Looking at these makes me hungry! You are doing so good at your resolution, I am impressed!

Oh yeah, when my friend makes Chicken Noodle soup she buys the roasted turkey that is like, 5 bucks at the Delis ant SMiths and Walmart- she rips that apart, it is seasoned and cooked and anything they don't need for soup she saves for a salad. Just a thought....