June 5, 2010

Copy & Paste

One of my favorite projects to do in school was block printing. We would draw a picture, copy it onto a linoleum or rubber block, carve said block, slather with coloured inks and make prints. While I was at home in April, I scanned some of my prints from middle and high school.

© Hillary Pulsipher

I did this print of a ballet shoe in grass in middle school. I like the original pencil drawing a lot, but I like how just changing the medium gave it such a different look. This is definitely something I wish I could do more often…i.e. for free.

© Hillary Pulsipher

This one is from high school. Now check it out as I have a little bit of fun with it:

© Hillary Pulsipher

© Hillary Pulsipher

© Hillary Pulsipher

© Hillary Pulsipher

2 comments:

Lynnae said...

I love those!

stonemaster said...

OK so...this might be a little creepy. But this isn't spam. So I don't know you at all, but today I happened to remember about 43things.com (this isn't spam, promise!!). SO I eventually remember my password and all the rest of it,I log in after five years, and surprise surprise I have actually accomplished a fair few things on my list. And your name come up saying you wanted to read the BOM en francais. I was impressed. It also said you wrote a blog. Another of my pet things to do. So I log in here, and it's still doing it. Yay internet!!! Anyway I thought I'd share my cosmic experience with you. By the way this may be considered spam, winstonmccarthy.blogspot.com, one of my goals was to promote my blog, so there you go. If you can link to it, you'll be my friends!!! It may even become facebook official!!!