June 19, 2010

Where I Create

Happy June 19 and welcome to my blog! For those of you who don’t know, Karen Valentine from My Desert Cottage is having a Where Bloggers Create Party. Last year I loved looking at everyone’s spaces so much that I decided to jump in this year.


My “studio” is not much but I get lots of stuff done in there. From writing for my blog to writing poetry, as well as editing video, drawing and any and everything else…nearly all of it gets done in my little Provo apartment.



On each side of my room I have used string to hang cards I have received. Most are from Valentines Day (including the cute puppy card from Nick).



I love Converse shoes and just bought this new, black pair at Kohl’s after my red ones bit the dust. I also love Jones Soda. Last year, I drank enough to decorate a wooden cabinet that I am currently using to store all of my art supplies, such as pastels, a PC drawing tablet, papers, pencils and sketchbooks.



I love to dance. Often after I work out, I’ll put on my pointe shoes or flats, find an empty studio and dance. When I’m done, I store my shoes on a hook in my ceiling. It allows them to dry while they are being used as a decoration in my room.




Like every college student, I spend a lot of time at my desk. It may be old, but it has enough space for me to spread out my work and enough drawers to store even more artsy things.


     



Throughout my room, I have a few things that I have made myself. The mirror was decorated at a Relief Society activity and I made this Hebrew mobile type thing while Nick was out of town. The upper part has the alphabet on it and the lower part says shalom (except with a regular mem…because I thought it looked better that way).


 

DSCN1616



Some of my favorite parts of my room include my perfume collection on my shelf, and my earrings and makeup on my dresser. Mmm…Mmm.

I hope that you have enjoyed my small space and I cannot wait to check out everyone else’s.

 

To go back to the list of blogs click here:

http://mydesertcottage.blogspot.com/2010/06/welcome-to-party.html

If you would like to see some of the art I’ve done, feel free to check out a few of these links:

-The Pen Is Mightier

-Be My Valentine

-Copy & Paste

-Tid-Bits

-Paisley Tube

-I Enjoy Myself The Occasional Collage

-All Hallows’ Eve

-La Femme

17 comments:

PocketsOfInspiration said...

Nice images. Thanks for sharing a piece of your world with us.

Kristina P. said...

I love your room! Your ballet slippers are my favorite.

ramsam said...

Love this little peek into your college world. It is awesome to see you have a space to be you, and now we can picture you sitting there working on your blog and you tube goodies!

zandra said...

That is great you can create a space in your room for inspiring you to create. So, enjoyed my visit with you. Enjoy the rest of the party.
hugz,
Zandra

Shannon said...

I love it! I adore your perfume bottles. I want to sit down and smell them all one by one.
What a fun space to have!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

What a wonderfully creative space!

Liz said...

Love your space! Do you seriously wear Tabu? Very old school! :)

~Liz

Lynnae said...

Everything looks so nice. I miss your dancing but love to picture you dancing away. I'm glad you posted for the blog party. How fun!
Love, Mom

jen said...

Cute space I especially love the converse and Jones soda(berry lemonade is my addiction) I have converse in , black, plum, aqua, tweed, pink & chocolate, grey with layers of purple and lime fabrics ooh and my lollipop ones....i've been collecting since I got out of highschool :) I understand! now i'm just a 30 something mom still wearing converse LOL Love all you perfume and earring so visual! Have a great week!

luvs and glitter
~jen

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I've never heard of Jones Soda (don't think we have it here in Canada) - they have really cool packaging. Thank you for sharing your space with us!

Terri said...

Really cool photos...I especially like the one of the perfume bottles... thanks so much for sharing with us where you create!

donnaj said...

thanks for sharing your space with us~ballet shoes are a nice touch.

Karen Valentine said...

Hi Hillary! I love Jones soda too! That was a wonderful idea to decorate the crate with the labels. Thank you so much for joining the party this year! I hope we'll see you next year too!
xo,
Karen
My Desert Cottage

Miss Sandy said...

Thank you for sharing your creative haven. I love the well used ballet slippers hanging from your ceiling, they speak of your love for the art of dance.

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Thanks for sharing your life and your creative space. Have a great weekend. Connie

Gayathri said...

I really like your room.

marnie said...

Looks like you are a lady of many talents! Kudos to you for making your space work. Doesn't sound like you have much free time, but make your creative time count. :D