October 17, 2010

Double, Double Toil and Trouble

Tonight, Nick and I carved our Halloween pumpkins. We had been talking about it for weeks and finally were able to do it today. We got our pumpkins at Fresh Market along with a kit that included a few pumpkin saws, other tools and some patterns. Nick chose to do a werewolf pattern from the kit and I printed out a Guy Fawkes mask to use as a pattern for my pumpkin.

They both turned out great! It took us couple of hours, but we weren’t messing around so we weren’t about to cut corners. While we carved, we watched “The Dark Knight” and ate tater tots and chocolate.

After we I was finished carving my Guy, I sorted the seeds out of the pumpkin goop, washed and strained them and now they are sitting out for the night to dry out before I roast them up tomorrow. Mmmmmm!

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

We haven't carved pumpkins in probably 5 years, but this year is the one!

Lynnae said...

I can't believe how awesome those Jack-o-lanterns are. Wow.
You have a ton of seeds. I hope they roast well.
I usually don't wait overnight because I want them right away but they will be better. Yum!