September 16, 2011

Did Curiosity Kill the Cat?

 

No. A heart attack did.

I joined Pinterest a few weeks ago and since then I have had a non-stop flow of ideas of all sorts. Naturally the first thing I pinned was the same thing that makes it into almost everyone’s first 10 pins…Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies.

I decided to make this my first “Pinterest” recipe to make at home, and oh boy was I in for a surprise.

The recipe itself is fairly easy. It’s just an Oreo with chocolate chip cookie dough wrapped around the outside. But let me tell you, these things are the real deal. They are huge.

They are not only as wide (or a little wider than) a normal chocolate chip cookie, but these bad boys are TALL.

As I ate the first one I though, I can eat a ton of chocolate chip cookies, and even more Oreos, in one sitting. This won’t fill me up. But no. It did.

As I scrambled for the milk, I could feel the sugar pulsing through me. Not like a normal sugar rush, but way more overwhelming. More like I was tripping on sugar.

That being said, these things are amazing. Try them. The Oreo literally melts in your mouth.

The recipe only makes 20, so eat one yourself and take the rest to a party or something. Everyone should have at least one of these during their lifetime.

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

If I'm going to have a heart attack, these are the way to go.

Anonymous said...

Dear Hillary,
I came across your blog site today and saw that you commented on the MSHS locker room beating that happened November 6, 2009. I was impressed at your writing and your ability to look in several directions and did not take the Seattle Times story to be the full story.

The 14 year old student that was beaten for courageously standing up for a student who was being physically and verbally harassed for some time is my son.

If you are interested in hearing the story (that is far from over) from our perspective I would be more than happy to share some truths with you. Evidence and documentation are abundant.
The real story and issues have little to do with the assault and much more to do with the educational system in WA and around the US.
The events of that day in November are ever present as I am now working with government officials to help create change in the education system and am still dealing with the criminal and civil wrong doings of the Snoqualmie Valley School District.
My name is Peggy Johnson and you can reach me via email, peggyjohnson8@hotmail.com
Regards,
Peggy Johnson
PS Your wedding was beautiful!